Monday, October 11, 2010

Trieste and the Barcolana


On
Saturday, I decided not to go to school. Well, actually I had decided not to go in advance, and I had cleared it with the school. But still, I did not go to school. Instead I caught the early train to Trieste, about three hours away. I went to see the Barcolana, which is the Mediterranean's largest regatta. While I was there, I met eight of the other eleven Rotary Youth Exchange students that are in this Rotary District. We walked around Trieste a lot, and it was great to meet all of them. Here are some pictures. 


Trains in Italy are keep you informed - even about restroom availability.
I thought Trieste was one of the crossroads between Eastern and Western Europe. Who would have expected to see American Indian music?
Pictures of boats never get old.
The main building on Piazza Unita by night.
Three countries. I took this picture from Italy, which is in the foreground. The peninsula in the middle-ground is part of Slovenia, as is most of the peninsula in the background, while the very tip of the far peninsula is actually Croatia. I think we might have driven through part of Slovenia to get to this spot.
Me with the Adriatic Sea behind me. You can see where the boats participating in the Barcolana had to turn around and head back towards the Trieste harbor.
Also I am very sorry if I made any of you feel bad with my last post. That was not very nice of me.

2 comments:

  1. I love the color gradient from pink to blue in the sky of the boats photo.

    I also love the 3 countries photo concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Qué guapísimo estás en la útima foto! Se ve que no lo pasas tan mal, al menos aun sonríes.
    Me alegro de que empieces a hacer cositas por ahí.
    Muchos besotes
    ANA

    ReplyDelete