Sunday, May 1, 2011

50 days left in Italy

Today is May 1st. Since my return for the United States is scheduled for June 19th, I have exactly 50 days left of my exchange. Every day continues to go faster, just when I wish it could go slower. Back in October and November, it was the other way around. I wanted time to pass a little quicker, but now, since the end is in sight, I wish I could slow things down a bit. With only fifty days left, I feel like I need to take full advantage of every hour I spend here in Italy.

Verona just an hour before sunset resembles how I feel about the remainder of my year abroad. While there is very little time left, there are still opportunities to reflect and take advantage of what I do still have left.

I plan to take maximum advantage of this month and a half to come, something which at previous times I have not done so well. I still have a few trips planned, but I also plan to use this time to further my relationships with people, make more friends, improve my Italian, grasp a better taste of the culture, and gain an even better sense of the world. I will probably be going to Rome in a few weeks, and then Florence once school ends in early June. I am still trying to finish strong at school, but am trying to balance studying with many other things.

So, even though I have very little time left, I am determined to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment