Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finally figured out my departure

So after waiting for months for my Italian student visa to arrive from the consulate in Chicago, it got here on Monday. I spent all of yesterday working with the travel agency and we decided on a flight departing on Sunday. I will leave DIA that evening and arrive in Frankfurt the next day. Unfortunately, I will have a 5+ hour layover in Frankfurt, but I guess that is okay - I will take advantage of that and get a brat or something like that. I then will take a short flight to Venice where my host family will be waiting to pick me up. I am not sure if we will visit Venice that evening or drive directly back to Vicenza, where I will be living. Either way is okay, considering I'm only about 40 minutes from Venice and I will spend time there eventually.

Today is my last day of work, so starting tomorrow, I need to get organized, do some laudry, buy some last-minute necessities, and start packing. Until about half an hour ago, when the FedEx shipment of my flight confirmation and paperwork finally arrived, the fact that I am leaving in less than a week hit me. Right now I am just really excited about getting to go and realizing that it truly is a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment